National technical university of ukraine
“Kyiv polytechnic institute”
Department of computer-aided management and data processing systems (CAMDPS)
Course of studies: 0804 “Computer science”
4 years of studies
Qualification: bachelor of computer science
Specialization: 7.080401 “Information management systems and technologies”
1.5 years of studies based on a previous bachelor’s degree
Qualification: analytic of computer systems
Specialization: 8.080401 “Information management systems and technologies”
2 years of studies based on a previous bachelor’s degree
Qualification: master of computer science
National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
37 Prospect Peremohy, 03056, Kiev,
Department of Computer-Aided management and data processing systems (CAMDPS)
Building 18, room 429/1
Building 16, rooms 153, 155
Head of CAMDPS professor, Doctor of technical Sciences, honored science and technical worker of Ukraine
Dean of faculty of Informatics and Computer Engineering
Pavlov O. A.
Tel. +380 44 454 98 47, +380 44 241 76 98
Contact person: Stenina Tetyana
Department of Computer-Aided management and data processing systems (CAMDPS) of the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” is a fundamental department of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine in the study course of Computer Science. The department, on a fundamental level, prepares specialists of “Information management systems and technologies.” It is one of the first department in Ukraine to prepare specialist in the field of Computer Science.
Studies are carried out in two stages. After the first stage (4 years of studies) the student receives a bachelor’s degree in computer science. At the second stage of education, holders of a bachelor’s degree are given a chance to continue their postgraduate studies under either the program of specialist (1.5 years of studies) or master (2 years of studies). After these studies students receive the corresponding diploma – specialist “Analytic of Computer Systems” or Master of “Computer Science”.
Studies at the department are in the form of daily studies. Daily studies require the student to attend classes 4 to 5 days a week.
The teaching staff is made up of 17 professors (Doctors of Science), 3 of which are Academics or corresponding members of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and also 13 Candidates of Science.
The department also has a branch at the “Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics National Academy of Science of Ukraine.”
The department has over 100 personal computers and 10 servers available to students for studies. All are connected through a local area network to the internet. Wireless networks are thoroughly present throughout the building.
Fields of Activities of graduates
Graduates of CAMDPS department are specialists in a great number of fields. Areas of their specializations are present in every field of human activity – science, industry, medicine, transport, communication, defense, commerce, environment protection, finance, etc. Our graduates are able to solve a great variety of problems – from accounting automation to development of corporate computer networks and intellectual decision support systems. As system analytics, our graduates deeply understand the nature of complex processes and relations of different fields of industry, human and business activities to make them very competitive in the employment market.
Graduates of the department work where there is development or use of software and information systems. In particular they work as analytics, project managers, data processing specialists, database administrators, software developers and computer administrators.
Possibilities for students
- Students of the daily form of studies at their will after the 4th year of studies can concurrently with their main studies receive a second education in the field of economics of linguistics.
- Students studying under contract can, after passing two examination periods in a row with an average grade of 4.4 and no grades lower than 4, be transferred to budget form of studies.
- Best students of the department have a possibility to undergo internships in and out of Ukraine at industry leading companies. They can also receive technical certificates of such companies as Microsoft, HP, Oracle at reduced prices.
- We recognize a more individual approach to studies depending of the level of qualification of the student. For more advanced students the traditional means of studies (lections, seminars, laboratory and practical works) are replaced with work in professional teams that work on large practical and scientific projects.
- The department carries out studies in a special “know how” way, the basics of which are today’s achievements in computers and mathematics and also the presence of up-to-date means of education, in particular a unique correspondence learning system.
Our graduates have no problems in finding an employer. Thanks to complex knowledge in the field of computer science, our graduates are irreplaceable in large companies and also small enterprises. Our graduates work at government establishments, institutes of science, banks, commercial enterprises, industrial companies, etc.
A lot of our graduates work outside Ukraine in countries like England, Denmark, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Germany, Austria, etc.
All students receive a fundamental mathematical and computer education. The study program is aimed at preparing specialist with enough knowledge for them to become industry leaders in the evolving world of today’s technologies.
Theory and techniques of programming
- Languages and programming systems/environments (C++, C#, Java, .net, SQL, HTML, PHP, etc.)
- Computer aided programming and software design
- Operating systems and system programming
- Database management systems
- CORBA, MIDAS, COM/DCOM/Active X
- Modeling systems Rational Rose
- System analysis
- Simulation systems
- Modern control theory
- Expert systems
- Artificial intelligence systems
- Distributed and multi-level systems
Modern computer mathematics
- Mathematical analysis
- Discrete mathematics
- Numerical methods
- Probability theory and statistics
- Operation research
- Decision making theory
- Mathematical economics
- Computer electronics
- Computer architecture
- Information display systems
- Data transfer systems
- Computer networks and information protection systems
- Technology of programming